[PHOTO] Re: RE: HYB - UMBATA | Thu, 21 Dec 2000 18:59:26" />

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] RE: HYB - UMBATA
  • From: "Mike Sutton" <suttons@lightspeed.net>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 07:38:52 -0800

Hello Paul,
Very nice flower!  We are getting some of the same results from Barry's
lines by plicata rebloomers.  This is a *very* involved parentage, including
Honky Tonk Blues, Earl Of Essex, Tomorrow's Child, Sweet Reflections,
Electrique and Pagan Dance.  I agree, the unknown interaction factor is what
makes it so fun.  Frustration is par for the course for me, but it is all
worth it when you actually get something you are trying for.   BTW do you
remember Blazing Sunrise? :-) It is still one of the most popular garden
iris here.  Have you continued it's line?
you have probably forgotten more than I will ever know about phenotypic
expressions, anthocyanin, carotenoid pigments and flavones. ;-)