Re: 2002 intro

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: 2002 intro
  • From: "irischap" <irischapman@netscape.net>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 14:05:45 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., irischapman@n... wrote:
> This SDB is being introduced in 2002. Not yet named. One of the
unusual iris coming out of my plicata breeding. I'm not sure if this
is a plicata. Seedlings under development.
> --
> Chuck Chapman, Guelph, Ontario, Canada. Zone 4/5
After loking at the luminata photos at the HIPS site I have come to
the conclusion that this is a luminata , thus definatly a plicata. The
small amount of anthocyanin on style arm , as I understand it, doesn't
disqualify it from being a luminata. The anthocyanin is washed over
the center part of both the falls and standards, is absent from the
edges and center of the flower and absent from the beard. Thus fits
luminata definition.  As the anthocyanin is over a yellow ground it
gives this a different appearence.

Chuck Chapman

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!