Re: Iris ID's

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Iris ID's
  • From: craigiris@ipns.com
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 16:38:00 -0800

The photo you were inquiring about is not Aspen Cove. I. The falls of
Aspen Cove do not tuck and  2. the standards are Barium Yellow (brownish
yellow). I strongly urge you to NOT try to identify unknown iris. That
is how so many misnamed iris get traded around.  Unfortunately, some end
up in commercial gardens and we end up with a real mess. Just enjoy what
you have and only purchase from the hybridizer or a very reputable
commercial garden. Keep a written garden chart of the plant location of
all iris as well as placing markers with the plant.

Need new boots for winter? Looking for a perfect gift for your shoe loving friends?
Zappos.com is the perfect fit for all your shoe needs!