REB:OZARK REBOUNDER

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] REB:OZARK REBOUNDER
  • From: ranchiris@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 18:52:20 EST

This is Ozark Rebounder (Nicodemus 2003).  It is a cross of Hello Darkness X Epicenter.  I feel the color and form are a step forward in rebloomers, although I can't figure out where the rebloom comes from in this pedigree.  Barbara Nicodemus, whose irises are introduced by Phil Williams' Rockytop Gardens, is a new hybridizer for me.

It is a new one for me.  I potted it when the rhizome was received this summer & put it into a re-amended bed in September.  I brought in inside last week, as a hard freeze was eminent.  Since the rebloom was set elsewhere, I can't be sure that it will be a dependable rebloomer here in Arizona, but I'm sure hoping it will!!  Even if it turns out to be just a good-growing black in our climate, I will be happy.

I also have Crimson Lights (Nicodemus 2004) from the same cross.  I have high hopes for these darks, because Epicenter is a great grower here & Hello Darkness isn't too bad.  I won Best Specimen of Show with Hello Darkness at our 2004 Show.

Kathy Chilton
Tucson, AZ
Home of the 2005 "Sonoran Desert Trek", combining the Region 15 Spring Trek and the Society for Louisiana Irises Convention - April 21-23, 2005.  See Tucsoniris.org for details and photos.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=721186235

Yahoo! Groups Links