CULT: performers-TN & AZ (was Stunning Serenade)

  • Subject: [iris-photos] CULT: performers-TN & AZ (was Stunning Serenade)
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 10:30:30 -0500

Possibly too early to say for DAUGHTER OF STARS here.  It does well in
other gardens in the area, and is doing well so far here in my own
private iris purgatory, but is new this year.

How about rebloomers - do Lloyd Zurbrigg's intros do there, or have you
tried them - VIOLET MIRACLE, HARVEST OF MEMORIES?  Probably too hot and
dry for them to be happy.  BELVI QUEEN?  TEA LEAVES?  Some of Betty W's
are doing really well so far.

Margie, there are probably quite a few more, but once I've found some
that do well for me, I tend to try out a lot of their relatives.  Only
so many new to me iris I can try in a lifetime! :-(

Maybe NIGHT GAME, SULTRY MOOD - maybe both of these have too much
aphylla expressed to do well in your heat (I made that up - no data!).

 <It's good to know that it grows well in your area.  So - which 3 iris
now seem to do well here and there? Would it be - Daughter of Stars,
Stairway to Heaven, and now add Stunning Serenade to that?   Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.>

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links