Re: HYB:Zonals:More questions

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos]HYB:Zonals:More questions
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 08:27:11 EST

In a message dated 12/13/2004 7:48:13 PM Central Standard Time, donald@eastland.net writes:

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, Autmirislvr@a... wrote:
>All of the zonals I've looked up are some shade of lavender/blue.

What about INCENTIVE, Hager '87.  I think it's considered a zonal
pattern and is described as deep plum purple, white spot in center
of F.

Donald, I guess I've learned to speak in generalities!  My comment should have stated, "containing anthocyanin." I am aware of the plum colored ones, even though I can't recall this cultivar from Hager.  Exotic Isle was one of my early favorites.

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives