HYB: Happy surprise

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] HYB: Happy surprise
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 15:35:09 -0700

This seedling made my day.  I just discovered that it’s starting to send up three rebloom stalks.  It was already my favorite of those that made their virgin bloom last spring, and it’s a rebloomer!  I didn’t expect that.  It is Orange Plume X Betty Dunn.  Betty Dunn is supposed to rebloom, but it never has for me.  Orange Plume is an old orange plicata.  I will try to protect at least one of those stalks from the freezes that we are sure to have in January.  I really want to see what its rebloom looks like.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9

JPEG image