Re: iris culture

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: iris culture
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 01:34:19 -0000

Hello Pearl,

If you have a place to plant them in the ground, I wouldn't bother
with pots.  The reason not to plant in the ground is the chance of
frost heaving - not very likely in your location.  The bigger problem
for you and all the rest of us in this part of Texas is the current
drought.  If I recall correctly, you have access to lake water so a
couple of good soakings should remedy that for the rhizomes.  I
planted some being held in pots in the ground today.  I'm just late
because I didn't have the spot ready, but I've planted successfully
throughout the winter months in my location.  I can only remember
rhizomes heaving one time in the last 24 years - only once in the
winter and not many at that.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links