keeping trash

  • Subject: keeping trash
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 13:10:11 -0600

Don't a lot of us do it? Far longer than is justified all too often? I was
out this a.m. thinking I really ought to toss the group of siblings from
LADY FRIEND X SATAN'S MISTRESS. I won't, though. Not this year - again.
There are justifications for keeping it. Strong growth, reliable bloom
every year, nice colors. In this case, though, the real reason is that my
brother the cop liked this group. He's not a plant person at all unless
it's onion or garlic. He surprised me when he singled out this group. That
was some years ago. He shocked me when the next year he was looking for
them, as he does every year when the iris start blooming. Not only looking,
but remembering where they were planted and looking in the right spot. So
they just grow in place and bloom every year. More than I can say for too
many acquisitions growing under the same conditons that barely survive to
bloom once, if that, and then die. If more of those did better, these would
surely be gone. Or maybe not. I'd have to think a lot about to discard
something that got a non-iris person's attention over the many that grow

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group