HYB:Keeping track ofseedlings

  • Subject: HYB:Keeping track ofseedlings
  • From: "Mike Greenfield" <mgreenfield@cinci.rr.com>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 21:41:56 -0500

I have  a few seedlings that I have saved. These have bloomed once or a few times. I find it hard to remember what each numbered seedling looks like. If I go out in the garden now I can remember 8 or 10 seedlings by their number. Many I have no idea which bloom goes with which number. I don't like giving any a " Garden Name" as later I seem to want to identify it by that name.
I would like to see how each is progressing with out taking descriptions with me. So I have a solution that is working for me now. I took a copy of a photo of each and with my photo program I added the seedling number to the photo.
I put all the photos in a file on the Desktop. I took an extra card for my camera and then copied the photos onto the card. Now I can just put the card in the camera and go to the garden . When I see a number I can just scan through the photos the number I want. My camera has a nice size screen to view the photo.
 Mike Greenfield