Re: HYB: seed germination
  • Subject: Re: HYB: seed germination
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 15:26:48 -0500

Donald  --  It’s always a special treat when a long-sought goal is achieved.  Congratulations.  I hope the sprouts turn out to be the beauties you desire.  --  Griff
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2010 1:33 PM
Subject: [iris-photos] HYB: seed germination

All the pots will have to come inside for a couple of days. At least for
overnight stays. But the uptick in temps yesterday and today yielded six
more sprouts. One is this cross of ((Friendship x (Rosemohr x Esther, the
Queen) x Babylonian Fires or Energizer)) X Babylonian Fires. So after years
of trying to get a plant using BF with another AB, this is the 2nd cross to
produce a plant from the dozen plus pods obtained obtained this year. I'm
especially pleased here since the experimental pod parent proved to be
productive as well as its sibs and cousin. I can only hope the blooms don't
revert back to the grandparent seedlings' awful bloom, yet maintain the
strong growth and freeblooming habits it and the offspring have displayed.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA