Re: Margie Brown's Red Iris
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com

Hi Janet...

soooo, is this a seedling, or just a "red" cultivar that she has growing?

I have noticed that full-sun photography does something not-too-short-of-a-miracle to so many iris blooms.  On diamond-dusted cultivars, the diamonds literally pop out, for "beardy" ones, the beards are boisterous, and as we see a lot, on reddish cultivars, the red stands out!

Attached is a seedling of mine that shows a lot of 'red' colors in it as well.  In other photos, taken just minutes/seconds before this one, the colors were more of the brownish tone, depending on where the cloud was in the sky!  (See both photos below.)

Thanks for sharing this photo!  Tell Margie (or, if you're lurking around somewhere) it's a great photo!  VERY nice comparisons to the color wheel .... :-)

Smiles,
Adam~

Autumn's legs are in the background .... hehehe.  Just can't avoid those leg shots!

AAC~