Re: Re: REB: Still going
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Re: REB: Still going
  • From: birdwoman424@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 23:07:43 -0500 (EST)

Here's "Iceberg" climber and "Solar Flare" echinacea

In a message dated 12/10/2011 1:15:01 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, tesilvers@yahoo.com writes:
Thanks Margie! The sun this morning made everything look so pretty that I had to try to catch it. I'm glad you enjoyed it too!
I guess you could call this iris a "new oldie" maybe? It's a volunteer seedling that just bloomed for the first time back in the Spring. I'm pretty sure it's from fallen seed from CRICKET SONG, which is one of my reblooming diploid MTB's from Iris cengialtii X CLOWN PANTS (which is from Iris variegata X Iris suaveolens var. mellita). So the mother was a three way species cross - kind of in the style of those old European irises of mixed pallida/variegata ancestry. I don't know who the papa might be, of this volunteer seedling, but it surely must have been one of the other nameless diploid species cross seedlings around here.
You'll have to post a picture of your flowers blooming right now - sounds like a beautiful combination.
Thanks again and take care, Tom

What a beautifully composed picture - love the iris close-up with Fall colored background setting. Just look at that sky! Your iris looks like an oldie but goodie - do you know it's name?
I have a similar situation here on Long Island with RE irises, roses, Asiatic lilies and echinacea blooming.
Margie

JPEG image

JPEG image