Re: Jurassic Park X Mariposa Skies

From: "Mike Sutton" <suttons@lightspeed.net>

----- Original Message -----
> From: Chris Darlington <chris.darlington@sympatico.ca>
> A very regal looking flower compared to some of your more psychedelic
> looking seedlings , ie POWER SURGE X ROCK STAR.( which I also liked very
> much )  I'd like to see this one in a large clump.

> In your opinion , is daubing with pollen from a RE to a once bloomer the
> best way to increase chances of having reblooming offspring ?
> Keep up the fine work.
> Chris Darlington

No, it's hard to figure sometimes.  A lot of it depends on the individual RE
parent and the combination of parents.  Some are great producers of REs,
some aren't.  A cross this past year of Bountiful Harvest x Colorwatch
produced rebloom in 93% of the offspring.  The recipricol cross only
produced 47%.  Some of our nicest stuff is RE x oncers but there are some
nice RE x RE crosses coming out of this year's seedling patch.  I think the
daubing from, or to, a RE by a oncer is a great way to introduce new colors
and better form to REs.
Just my personal observations.

Your opinion counts, and we'll reward you for it!
Win Prizes! Join the ZOOMERANG Internet survey panel today.
It's confidential, easy, and fun!