ADMIN: Yahoo Acct Mgmt

Sometimes I screw up. Keeps me humble (or at least reminds me that I
ought to be...)

There is a way to manage your Yahoogroups account using email with out
having a Yahoo ID. I discovered the following on the Yahoo help site. I
tested it out with another ID tha tI have and it appears that I
subscribed without having to have a Yahoo ID.

My apologies for misleading you in my prior posts.

You might want to print this to have for reference.

Can I use Yahoo! Groups without web access? What
commands can I send via email?
Many members of Yahoo! Groups have limited web access but still
enjoy using our service via email. The following are email
To join a Group, send a blank message to:
To unsubscribe from a Group, send a blank message to:
To put your email message delivery on hold for a group,
send a blank message to:
To change your subscription to daily digest mode, send a
blank message to:
To change your subscription to individual emails, send a
blank message to:
To receive general help information, send a blank message
Please Note: Make sure to replace "groupname" in the above
commands with the actual name of the Group (e.g.,

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at:

Director, Region 14 of the AIS