[PHOTO] Thanks | Sun, 11 Feb 2001 12:32:34" />

[PHOTO] Thanks

Thanks to you all for the nice comments on this seedling.  I-103b will be further evaluated in my garden and a few others in hopes that a great flower can over weigh some very poor qualities.

I’ve received some good press in October ’98 AIS bulletin where Shirley Pope described this seedling as “cheese popcorn with a white blaze and rim of bright yellow”. Regional fall meeting ’99 Terry Aitken wowed the crowd with a slide from Loomis test gardens. Sitting next to Bennet Jones, I expressed the poor qualities with him. His reply was “with color like that who cares”. That was nice of him to say that, but he doesn’t put out poor performers.

The stock is too thick for a BB and branching is very close.  It does grow very well for me with lots of increase.

I take slides with an old Pentax with a macro lens.  I then scan the slides and edit with Photoshop.

I live a day’s drive from the best iris gardens in the country.  I love to walk seedling patches with my old Pentax in hand and promote quality iris from all hybridizers, and not only my own.

Thanks, Merle

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor