Re: Double Shot

My DOUBLE SHOT was planted in late July, it rebloomed in October on a
near perfect stalk with impressively formed flowers.  The form was
actually nicer than the one in Big Alligator's photo.

DOUBLE SHOT also out grew all of my year 2001 additions, all 90 of them
so I'm giving it two thumbs up.  I didn't like the way it looked in the
Sutton's catalogue but I'm glad it came as an extra.  Form is not an
area that particurarly interests me, vigor is. DOUBLE SHOT has got an
impressive garden presense that kept me walking across the yard for
third, fourth and fifth looks, fragrant for me here in Lafontaine
Quebec, zone 4b.

I fully expect it to survive the winter here, that's if the deer don't
gobble it.

Chris Darlington
Where the snowblower didn't feel like starting tonight ;-(  Advil

BigAlligator@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 2/4/02 7:36:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> eleanore@mb.sympatico.ca writes:
> << Wonder if it'll survive this zone? >>
> El,
>      I don't know if it would or not.  Maybe someone who has tried it in a
> cold winter climate could help out...
> Mark A. Cook
> BigAlligator@aol.com
> Dunnellon, Florida      [Freeze possible tonight]

Monitoring Service trial