Re: Unknown Apparent Diploid

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Unknown Apparent Diploid
  • From: "nmogens" <neilm@charter.net>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 12:57:14 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., "laetitia munro" <lmmunro@h...> wrote:
"...there is something growing at Presby Iris garden, called FABIAN
which looks similar...I have also attached something I found growing
in the Deckertown section of Sussex NJ, looks very old and
> similar too. Yours seems to have less yellow in the standards.
> Laetitia

Thanks for your response, Laetitia.  I will try to get a better scan
with more detail from the print I have.  I got in a hurry when I sent
the previous file--much too small to render good color and detail.
There is enough yellow in the standards on mine that the effect is
grey, more or less.  These all look very similar--clearly there are
similar genetic factors involved.

Neil Mogensen  z 6b/7a near Asheville, NC where reticulata is about
to start blooming, Snow Crocus exuberantly colorful and a cold wind
blowing.

Get a FREE Tampax Sample
http://us.click.yahoo.com/DLQSAC/0DqDAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM