[PHOTO] Re: Historic picture | Fri, 7 Feb 2003 20:34:43" />

[PHOTO] Re: Historic picture

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Historic picture
  • From: Christopher Darlington chris.darlington@sympatico.ca
  • Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 21:32:33 -0500

Kelly,

Looks very much like an old wilted bloom of the Space Age ANNE BOLEYN
ZURBRIGG 1985. I distinctly remember this one from last summer.  Check
out my photo of it below.

ANNE BOLEYN does have large purple infused flounces like your photo but
it can't be seen as clearly as in your photo.  I kind of like AB because
it's an unusual creature and it's the only plant that produces real
flounces here in my zone 4b garden.

If they wanted to positively ID this iris, they can purchase a rhizome
from Winterberry's in Virginia and compare the two when they bloom.

Regards
Chris Darlington