[PHOTO] unknown lilac iris and Sapphire Hills | Sun, 9 Feb 2003 12:45:26" />

[PHOTO] unknown lilac iris and Sapphire Hills

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] unknown lilac iris and Sapphire Hills
  • From: "Pearl Doyle" pdoyle@our-town.com
  • Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 12:51:00 -0600

Does anyone recognize this iris? I'm sure it came from a pastel collection from Spring-Hill one year. Probably about 1994. That means that it was probably introduced about ten years earlier. I got Sapphire Hills in that same collection and noticed it was putting out lots of new growth this morning despite the fact that we just had snow this week. Sapphire Hills is one of my first iris to bloom and continues throughout the blooming season. It is sometimes one of the last to bloom.

JPEG image