Re: TB: Broadway

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: Broadway
  • From: Margie Valenzuela IrisLady@comcast.net
  • Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 19:40:02 -0700

Chris,

About those markings - -  2 things:

Over the years - I find that when the soil is rich w/ nutrients - - they are more visible than if they have been sitting in the same soil for years. I've also noticed that in the spring if the weather has been on the cold side - - the coloring on the iris is deeper in color and those markings are more visible.  However if the sun is blazing and our temps are very warm - they are hardly visible - if at all.  To answer your question - - I do think they are normal and part of it's genetic make-up.  Is there a reason why you ask if it's part of the iris?   I'm curious.

Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9
IrisLady@comcast.net

I hope someone recognizes your "Nice Unknown".