Re: re TB: the Pinkest Pink & bin iris

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "FRANCELLE EDWARDS"
<fjmjedwards@w...> wrote:

> I don't know why that's not Beverly Sills.  It sure looks like it
to me.

> Francelle Edwards    Glendale,  AZ   Zone 9

Thanks for this Francelle,

I'm going to buy Beverly Sills this summer and grow the two side by
side.  This is the only way to really find out.

The bin iris I get at the Quebec equivalent to Home Depot are
fabulous. I have gotten some great surprises, my 5 yellow rhizomes
bloomed identical to Wild Jasmine and made one hell of a striking
clump.  I made a few crosses using pollen from her and am anxious to
see the results.  I'll post my photo tonight.

I buy the bin rhizomes around this time, pot them and set them on the
window ledge.  Winters are long here so doing this is great fun for
those with itchy feet.

I've also ended up with Immortality, Interpol, and some other drop
dead unknowns that I'll post tonight as well for fun.  I've also had
some luck with imported Dutch TB rhizomes blooming true to name,
including the lovely chestnut colored Louvois.  A real beauty.

I plan to have a little section of my web site for Mart and bin iris
and what they did or didn't look like.  Should be fun.

Chris