Surpise iris

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Surpise iris
  • From: Jelcy Romberg jelcy@jelcy.com
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 19:40:19 -0600

Another wonderful way to get truly lovely unknown iris is to go to the
local iris society sale.    I know we have all donated what we honestly
thought was Prissy Missy, Beverly Sills, Superstition or whatever and
the following year another member will complain that Beverly Sills
certainly looks like Supreme Sultan in his/her/their garden.  At least
it is healthy and has acclimated to the local weather.

If we all submitted photos of all of our unknowns for a show of them, we
could probably keep Iris Photo going 'round the clock for days!