Re: TB:Ring Around Rosie

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB:Ring Around Rosie
  • From: Randy Squires randysiris@juno.com
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:43:28 -0800

<chris.darlington@sympatico.ca> writes:
>What pattern does this fall under ?

Chris, I'd always considered it a plicata,
A true luminata would have that clear area around the beard with
no markings whatsoever.
On the description of RAR, no mention is even made of plicata.
They just describe it as a white ground, purple sanded pattern
with a 1/4"-3/8" yellow rim.
One of it's parents Wild Jasmine is described as white ground,
stitched golden brown.
The other parent Edna's Wish was orange with violet cast.
Go figure, you've got me, I just always thought things that were
speckled, peppered, dotted, and stitched were plics.

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com