Re: OT-PLANTS: Spring!

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] OT-PLANTS: Spring!
  • From: "David Ferguson" <manzano57@msn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 19:50:24 -0700
  • Seal-send-time: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 19:50:24 -0700

The snow photos were great.

I haven't seen snow like that in many years, and when I did, it was only high in the mountains in Colorado.

The photo of a Crocus sent me outside searching for flowers, and even though it's been extremely cold some nights (11 F a few nights ago).  I found the following:

Crocus (so far only little white ones, don't know the species off hand)
Iris reticulata (just starting to open, some not even up though)
Winter Jasmine
Pansies (of course this is cheating, they flower all winter, though they are really getting "warmed" up again now)
Siberian Elm (hate that crop of seeds that comes in about 6 weeks, but love to see things waking up)
Silver Maple (buds are just ready to pop, could be tomorrow, or could be weeks, depending on weather)
and the pollen reports show Cypress and Juniper pollen in the air for some time now.

Dave,

central NM

Yahoo! Groups Links