Re: HYB:Tags

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos]HYB:Tags
  • From: "J. Paul Hill" <lacedgables@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 13:58:32 -0800 (PST)

I Second the China Marker!  That's what I use.  I cut up pieces of window blind scraps that I get at Home Depot and use those with the China Marker.  I mark both sides as sometimes the sun and elements fade the writing just a little...And I agree with Dave on the Red.  It fades very quickly!   Paul Hill

David Ferguson <manzano57@msn.com> wrote:
Try a black grease pencil (China Marker).  They are available at most art supply and office supply stores, and they last much longer than magic markers.  The black will eventually fade (takes several years in New Mexico, probably longer in less sunny climates), but the wax seems to last forever.  Don't get red, the red fades quickly.  White on black or green pots has lasted for as long as 25 years on pots for me (longer than many of the pots!).  I don't know about other colors, haven't tried them.

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links