Re: Re: HYB:Tags

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: HYB:Tags
  • From: chad schroter <charlesschroter@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:25:21 -0800 (PST)

I've also been using these (AVERY weatherproof labels) since I found them last year, they work great but MUST be used with a true LaserWriter printer, not a LaserJet or the ink will smudge. I attach mine to mini blinds which fortunately are the same width (1"). So far I have had no problems with peeling, fading etc.
On another note I have also used the Paint Pens, and still do for crosses and other semi-temporary labels. Some of the colors fade in the sun (pastels), the best was white ink on green miniblinds. The water based pens are messy and dry up a month or two after opening - but these fade less, the Xylene based ones are wonderfull and last for years (the pens that is) but are more prone to fading. It's fun to use the Xylene Pens to decorate the rims of terracotta pots etc.
Chad Schroter

alhbee@aol.com wrote:
I've used the clear plastic tags and discovered the sticking power was not the best. The clear label on a gray metal holder did not stand out well and the holder required painting. Not a big problem as I am not busy most of the time
I printed the info from a database onto a labels format database and had the friendly neighborhood repro guru print it for me. Requires laser print for longevity. That no longer works as I destroyed the data base header in one of my frequent fits of stupidity.
I found a better label for my purposes. It is a white, plasticized, 1" X 2 5/8" with much better adhesion. It is Avery laser 5520. Most labels have been covered with 7" of snow and 1/2" of ice for 10 days with no parting of the label or fading of the marking. Until I redo the data base I use an extra fine DecoColor opaque paint marker #140 with very good results.

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links