HYB: Seed planting

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] HYB: Seed planting
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:30:52 -0700

Hello, Everyone,

Last fall I experimented with planting seeds directly into their beds versus planting them in pots.

That’s me, planting on either side of the soaker hose.  I used an old Sharpie pen with the blunt end marked at ¾ of an inch, placed the seed on the soft, damp ground, pushed it in and firmed the ground over it.  If the seed had already sprouted, I made the hole with pen first then dropped it in with the root down.  The pen also served as a measure of distance between seeds, 5 inches.

At the same time two crosses of approximately 36 seeds each went into large pots.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image