  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] EDENITE re BLACK SWAN
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:29:46 -0500

Adam, that photo on the link you provided would be more easily identified if a single blossom had been singled out along with the clump shot, but the ID is quite likely correct.  In life, those standards would be dark purple rather than the vivid deep blue in this photo.  It looks like the kind of color shift I get with my own digital camera.
As to someone doing an Internet search for "Black Swan Iris" the results would include the "Edenite vs Black Swan" ones we are currently posting, so you need not worry that anyone would be misled provided they read more than the single post.
Black Swan is undoubtedly rare enough now that a search for it is not too likely to occur often.
I'm glad your ID work is progressing so well.  Do you want to help on mine?  I've got a couple of charming diploids.....
Neil Mogensen  z 7  western NC mountains

Yahoo! Groups Links