Re: Chipped Edges

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Chipped Edges
  • From: iris4u2@comcast.net
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:50:56 +0000

Betty, I think I have seen it bloom only twice, once in 2002 when I selected it out for looking at again.  Then again last year 2004 after transplanting in 2002 and lining it out.  I don't think I paid attention to anything other than form, balance and general beauty the first time.  I thought about environmental; cold and drought (which we have a lot of), but the rest of plant looks so good.  The flower does intrigue me.  It looks like the standards wanted to fall open but never do.  It is a large flower.  It reminds me of the skirt Mexican women ware when they are dancing. Very free flowing.  If the chipping continues thou in the years to come I might just toss it.  Make a few crosses on it and with it to see if it is passed on.

Bob in Denver
Iris4u Iris Garden