CULT: weather -- good news and bad news

  • Subject: CULT: weather -- good news and bad news
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 12:38:24 -0500

First, the bad news:
Last night's howling winds blew a big branch off my neighbor's oak tree and dropped it on several of my first-year seedling beds.
The good news:
The previous night's ice storm had created a concrete-like shield over the plants, so that, although some markers were bent double and others knocked apart, the plants were fully protected.  (Photo is after cleanup.)
Just another reason why I like a good, hard winter here.
Now, if I could just find a way to defeat the squirrels . . .  --  Griff

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Music News