HYB: Saxon x All Rhythm

  • Subject: HYB: Saxon x All Rhythm
  • From: Robin Shadlow <rshadlow@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:07:14 -0800 (PST)

Thought it would be fun to put some sib photos up.
This cross produced the seedling with the best branching, bud count, vigor and overall plant health.  In fact its the first seedling I've named- its been dubbed Blah.  The picture looks better than it is, to me the color was very flat and muddy.  But every stalk was consistently well branched and it made quite a good clump. Since rebloom is the goal in any event, hopefully we'll get a better color as we regain rebloom in the next generation.
The sibs were quite varied in this cross.  There were violets, some whites, several with yellow rims on the falls, and several yellow amoenas.  Saxon may be a little overlooked as a parent for reblooomers.  03-72X was probably my favorite, but lousy branching- oh and I'm sure the standards are a bit too open for most.  03-72A1 had good branching and bud count, not a very good shot.
Robin Shadlow
zone 5 NE
just decided never to use the word rhythm in any name- way too hard to spell : )

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

Yahoo! News

Celebrity News

Get the latest