Re: Blyth's New introductions

  • Subject: Re: Blyth's New introductions
  • From: Bill Wells <wells@train.missouri.org>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 21:21:20 -0600

Well, Barry Blyth's new intros seem to be leaping forward into new
territory to me. The colors are just breathtaking and some of these new
irises seem very distinctive to me, not just improved versions of some
of the patterns that we all love.

I'd say several of those new ones have standards that are *defiantly
*open. It's almost as though it's a new form. I guess some domed
standard fans (and I love that on many of my AB and TB cultivars) will
have some reservations, but those standards aren't just open - they have
a candle-holder look! Different, but I like it a lot!

Several of these are going on my "want list". I'll grow them someday...

Bill Wells (in southern MO where the snow is melting but it was enough
to get me out of school today!! Yippee!)