Re: Hyb Rebloomers Canada 2007

  • Subject: Re: Hyb Rebloomers Canada 2007
  • From: "irischap" <irischapman@aim.com>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 03:14:55 -0000

This year I had rebloom starting in June (SDB Forever Blue) until Sept
16th with a hard frost, but after a few days they started up again
frost as it usually continues until near end of October.

Rebloom on

Forever Blue
Forever Violet
Wizard Of Hope
Blueberry Tart
Jean Guymer
Autumn Jester
Queen Dorothy
Rosalie Figge
Again and Again
Pinkness
Pink Attraction
Clarence
Then Again
Lilac Stitchery
Red Revival
Immortality
English cottge
Touch Of Spring
Cantina
Little Showoff
Autumn bugler
Autumn Tryst
September Replay
Northward Ho
Perpetual Indulgence
Autumn Embers
and Lenora Pearl, but this was a bit of a cheat as it was in cold
greenhouse.

In addition I had rebloom on a number of seedlings. One that be might
be just good enough is a seedling from a cross of Forever Blue x
Victoria Falls. It is not one of my dylight independent rebloomers but
a late fall rebloomer. An accepttable flower, just barely. I may see
if I had a photo that could be posted.

My garden is out in the country and it blooms later then most other
iris growers in Southern Ontario. I'm zone 5b Canadian rting which is
abour 4 USA rating.

Eleanor Hutchison in Manitoba, Z3 Canadian Rating reports rebloom on
Forever Blue
Forever Violet
Blueberry Tart
Wizard Of Hope

These are all SDB of mine from the Daylight independent line.
Immortality has not rebloomed for her.

Chuck Chapman