Re: Digest Number 4753

  • Subject: Re: Digest Number 4753
  • From: irischapman@aim.com
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:06:20 -0500

I had tried FB X Baby Blessed and nothing was a rbloomer.

I havn't gotten anything with Lo Ho Silver after many tries. You will
have to let us know what the results are.

I have got some pods from I Blessed , which I suspect to be a glaciata
as well as a reblooming IB. Seeds wer planted but I havn't double
checked to seee how plants are doing.

Breeding with FB to produce rebloomers is a bit frustrating as it's
genetics for rebloom seem to be quite different then most reblooming
genetics. A completely new set of genetics as far as I can tell.

Chuck Chapman

Re: Hyb: Daylight Independent

Posted by: "loic tasquier"
tasquierloic@cs.com

tasquierloic

Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:54 pm (PST)

Thanks Chuck for the feed back.

Here are some news from my favorites, the IBs, since not much data
seems to be available, i thought it might interest you.

What do you think of Low Ho Silver =(Howdy Do X Baby Blessed)

Have you ever tried to use it?

It's a very early bloomer here, early rebloomer ( begining of July)
and my best re-rebloomer too.

I was sterile for many years ( i tried hundreds of crosses on this one!)

but last autumn it set pods!!!

Here is what i got: pod pol froz seeds

low ho silver cameo blush

10

low ho silver cry baby

5

low ho silver dark crystal

10

low ho silver immortality

2

low ho silver juicy fruit

3

low ho silver just teasing

2

low ho silver speed limit

2

low ho silver TT05-09d= cerf-Volant X Liaison

3

The number of seeds is not much, and they might never germinate, no pod
with Forever Blue's pollen neither, but who knows, i might get lucky
with one of the crosses...

There is also Angel Heart =(Coral Charmer X Be Happy ), that reblooms
regularly at the end of June, then again later,and has set pods ,for
the frst time in years also, last autumn:

pod pol froz seeds

angel heart banana cream

29

angel heart bounce back + 4

angel heart cameo blush

25

angel heart conjuration + 14

angel heart cry baby

3

angel heart eternal bliss

23

angel heart gypsy boy

20

angel heart i'm back

12

angel heart popstar

9

And my third big hope comes from I'll Be Back =(Joe Cool X Eternal
Bliss) that starts to reblooom early August and has been a fabulous
mother:

pod pol froz seeds

i'll be back again and again

20

i'll be back detroit city + 17

i'll be back duke of earl

8

i'll be back eternal bliss

12

i'll be back honey scoop

12

i'll be back i'm back

5

i'll be back mukadam + 4

i'll be back TT05-09d = cerf-Volant X Liaison + 10

i'll be back what again

25

Many more crosses with the medians, but these 3 seem to be very
promissing since they are reliable early and multiple rebloomers here
in Holland!

Loic

Loïc TASQUIER

who, like Betty, could die (or kill...) for a repeat, cycle &
everblooming / continuous / non-daylight dependant rebloomer!

zone 7 - Nederland

Email : tasquierloic@cs.com

-