Re: Digest Number 4753

  • Subject: Re: Digest Number 4753
  • From: irischapman@aim.com
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:06:20 -0500

I had tried FB X Baby Blessed and nothing was a rbloomer.

I havn't gotten anything with Lo Ho Silver after many tries. You will
have to let us know what the results are.

I have got some pods from I Blessed , which I suspect to be a glaciata
as well as a reblooming IB. Seeds wer planted but I havn't double
checked to seee how plants are doing.

Breeding with FB to produce rebloomers is a bit frustrating as it's
genetics for rebloom seem to be quite different then most reblooming
genetics. A completely new set of genetics as far as I can tell.

Chuck Chapman

Re: Hyb: Daylight Independent

Posted by: "loic tasquier"

Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:54 pm (PST)

Thanks Chuck for the feed back.

Here are some news from my favorites, the IBs, since not much data
seems to be available, i thought it might interest you.

What do you think of Low Ho Silver =(Howdy Do X Baby Blessed)

Have you ever tried to use it?

It's a very early bloomer here, early rebloomer ( begining of July)
and my best re-rebloomer too.

I was sterile for many years ( i tried hundreds of crosses on this one!)

but last autumn it set pods!!!

Here is what i got: pod pol froz seeds

low ho silver cameo blush

low ho silver cry baby

low ho silver dark crystal

low ho silver immortality

low ho silver juicy fruit

low ho silver just teasing

low ho silver speed limit

low ho silver TT05-09d= cerf-Volant X Liaison

The number of seeds is not much, and they might never germinate, no pod
with Forever Blue's pollen neither, but who knows, i might get lucky
with one of the crosses...

There is also Angel Heart =(Coral Charmer X Be Happy ), that reblooms
regularly at the end of June, then again later,and has set pods ,for
the frst time in years also, last autumn:

pod pol froz seeds

angel heart banana cream

angel heart bounce back + 4

angel heart cameo blush

angel heart conjuration + 14

angel heart cry baby

angel heart eternal bliss

angel heart gypsy boy

angel heart i'm back

angel heart popstar

And my third big hope comes from I'll Be Back =(Joe Cool X Eternal
Bliss) that starts to reblooom early August and has been a fabulous

pod pol froz seeds

i'll be back again and again

i'll be back detroit city + 17

i'll be back duke of earl

i'll be back eternal bliss

i'll be back honey scoop

i'll be back i'm back

i'll be back mukadam + 4

i'll be back TT05-09d = cerf-Volant X Liaison + 10

i'll be back what again

Many more crosses with the medians, but these 3 seem to be very
promissing since they are reliable early and multiple rebloomers here
in Holland!

who, like Betty, could die (or kill...) for a repeat, cycle &
everblooming / continuous / non-daylight dependant rebloomer!

zone 7 - Nederland

Email : tasquierloic@cs.com

More new features than ever. Check out the new AIM(R) Mail ! -