Re: Re: HYB: Random seedlings

  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: Random seedlings
  • From: smciris@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 15:05:20 EST

In a message dated 2/22/2008 7:43:58 AM Mountain Standard Time, donald@eastland.net writes:
Gives me hope for the JOINT VENTURE seedling that has germinated this
winter. I've only read the description of LOVELY BLANCHE. How did it
look as you grew it? Or better yet, does anyone have a photo of LB
they could post.
I'm sure I have a picture of it somewhere, probably stored with Gene's records.  It was a very soft pink, with just enough pale violet plicata markings to show that it was a recessive pink rather than pink by virtue of the inhibitor.  I don't think I have a photo of its sib that was the parent of JOINT VENTURE, though.  It had more pronounced markings than LOVELY BLANCHE itself, so that the plicata pattern was more obvious.  JOINT VENTURE has given me a large variety of colors, patterns and forms, including some pixellated pinks, and I still hope that it will find the right partner to recover the solid pink.
Sharon McAllister