IB: Fertile Intermediate List

Hi everyone,
I had a couple requests in January for my Fertile Intermediate list which I had sent out in January of 2004. It's updated now and ready to send out again. I can send as an attachment -- it's an RTF file so it should open for everyone. It isn't overly large, about the size of a medium sized picture (200k or so). If you choose to have it put on the end of an email it will probably lose all its bolds and italics (whatever you call that).
When I wrote Keith Keppel for his catalog, I asked if any of his or Barry's new IBs were fertile. Here's his reply (with a couple more I put on the list):
"Barb -- I rarely use intermediates in breeding, so not sure on some. I do know that SOFT WORD has given some seedlings. Philip made a few crosses with Barry's newer IBs and got seed (not a lot) on DELOVELY and has a few seedlings just germinating. That is another thing...even tho you get seed doesn't always guarantee you'll get seedlings.
The most fertile IBs would be those that are already 48 chromosomes....like the IBs that JIM and Vicki Craig put out.
Good luck! -- Keith "
They aren't on the Iris Register yet so I'll copy them from Keith's new catalog:

SOFT WORD (Keppel ?08) IB 27" ML  Ruffled pastel glaciata. Light lemon w/soft apricot and peach tones, especially on the shoulders. Beards tangerine orange, white at end. Sdlg. 00-31A: Delirium X (Fancy Woman x Answered Prayers). FERTILE; has given some seedlings (Keith 2/08). Keppel $20.00; 3 for $50.00.

DELOVELY (B.Blyth ?07) IB 20" EM Blue violet, falls w/blackish ruby spot on upper half. Beards violet, tipped bronze. Sdlg. #: (Romancer sdlg. x Sofia) X (It?s a Giggle x Being Busy) x (pumila Suslik x Sunmaster)). POD FERTILE. Keppel 2008.

Does anyone know if Vicki Craig has a catalog this year? She didn't have an ad in the January bulletin that I could see.

Cheers, Barb

Barb Johnson         mailto:barbjohnson_62@hotmail.com
Near Springfield, SW Missouri USA
USDA Zone 5b         AIS Region 18 (KS & MO)
Learn the natural way to health at: http://chetday.com
American Iris Society website: http://www.irises.org
iris-talk/Mallorn archives: http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-talk/
iris-photos/Mallorn archives: http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-photos/