Re: HYB: Wearing Rubies Seedling 2

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Wearing Rubies Seedling 2
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 19:26:11 -0700

Thank you Betty.  There was another seedling that bloomed which I didn't post a picture of because it looked EXACTLY like "Wearing Rubies" itself. I don't even "count" it (when I count the seedlings which have bloomed) as a real plant - - because to me it seems like just a waste! Side by side - - I couldn't tell the difference. I never EVER had that happen before in any of my crosses (where a seedling would look exactly like one of it's parents).  I'll watch it this second year to see if it possibly might perform better than the 'real' Wearing Rubies. :-)  But even if it does - - who would care?? I almost through it out last spring for that reason alone.

~ Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.