Re: Whiling Away the Winter Months-Links to lots of photos
  • Subject: Re: Whiling Away the Winter Months-Links to lots of photos
  • From: "d7432da" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 02:15:53 -0000

It's way above my ability, I'm afraid. But I'll ask anyway. Does that background have to be black? Would the program substitute other colors in lieu of black? I'm asking because when looking at the colors on my monitor after taking a photo it's more important to me that they display accurately. More important than being pretty. The perception of what you see can be altered by the background color. So using green, gray, white or other colors in addition to black could shift what the eye perceives to a more accurate representation of what you actually see using the naked eye. Photos are strange things. They can fail miserably for catching some things; or they can enhance details out of proportion to what the blooms really show. I wouldn't say they lie exactly, but the truth is certainly altered sometimes.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA