Re: photo backgrounds, etc
  • Subject: Re: photo backgrounds, etc
  • From: "Mike Greenfield" <mgreenfield@cinci.rr.com>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 14:19:52 -0500

How small did you make the individual pics to put on one page??
jim in AZ
I opened a new blank image in Paint Shop Pro 12" X 12". Each iris photo was resized to 8". Then pasted as a new layer in the blank image. Then stretched to fit. Same can be done in Adobe Elements.
I'm not sure what you mean by "photocopying".
Donald Eaves.
Sorry I meant to say photoshoping = adjusting photo with software. Spell check changed it and I didn't catch it.
The whole discussion, though, does raise an interesting point in a similar area. What about the 'official' R&I descriptions? How much leeway are they given? Since blooms are not static, where is the point at which describing it is pinpointed? The 2nd day? Somewhere in the middle of opening and dying? Obviously it's neither practical or possible to provide the progression of the life of the bloom, so how do folks decide?
Donald Eaves.
Good question! First write discripions of 5 iris you grow. This gives you an idea of the problem. Then give us a fix. The description is up to the hybredizer. The registrar does not change it. It is just a basic thing. If it fits it grow one from a reputable grower.
That's interesting! Which one is closest to what you see per viewing on your monitor?
Donald Eaves.
The middle one on the right.
Mike Greenfield
Zone 5b