First, Does anyone have or know where I can find pictures of
the below irises? Just want to see what they look like.
1. Benbow (Bliss 1917)
2. Edgewood (Hall 1926)
3. Golden Fleece (Caparne 1901)
4. Henri Rivière (Millet 1927)
5. Malgache (Cayeux 1938)
6. Messaline (Millet 1927)
7. Mussolini (Dykes 1932)
9.Party Dress (Barber 1938)
10.Rapsodie (Cayeux 1933)
11.Sea Foam (Sturtevant 1928)
12.Shasta (Mohr-Mitchell 1927)
13.Zingara (Williamson 1928)
Second. I have found photos from two different places of these irises but
described as a different color.
1.Acropole (Cayeux 1939) photos: purple standards and falls with white center,
desc as pale pink.
2. Photos as a pale lavender, desc as a light red bitone
3. Charmeur (Cayeux 1931) looks pale lavender to me, desc as light red bitone
4. Dominion (Bliss 1917) purple bitone, desc red.
5. Iduna (Goos & Koenemann 1926) Lavender, purple bi-tone desc as mid
Third. Would like the names of iris books that might describe/have pics of
historic irises prior to 1940.
Thanks a million!!