Re: HYB: 03-52C: Double Agent X Memoirs
  • Subject: Re: HYB: 03-52C: Double Agent X Memoirs
  • From: Betty Wilkerson <Autmirislvr@aol.com>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 12:35:51 -0500 (EST)

I really like this one.
Betty W.

-----Original Message-----
From: MryL1 <MryL1@msn.com>
To: iris-photos <iris-photos@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sun, Feb 6, 2011 10:41 am
Subject: [iris-photos] HYB: 03-52C: Double Agent X Memoirs

Mug shot of one I've used a lot.  It has been very difficult to get
something in this matching-edge pattern that is actually happy here.
This one was consistently healthy and huge at 39 inches.  Only 2 branches,
6 buds.
My well pump quit during the drought last summer.  I came home from
work to find the backhoe had dug 8 feet down, since parts were fused from
previous owner pouring bleach down it to pass inspection. (If you ever
need to do this, outer ring only, or you'll damage metal parts).  They were
in the process of "smoothing" the dirt in a radius of about 14 feet all around.
Needless to say, I had iris, including this one, all around the well head.  Have
probably seen the last of this one.  Any that survive the backhoe will be A+
in my book.
Mary Lou