Re: HYB: Renown X Snowed In
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: Renown X Snowed In
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 07:35:22 -0500

Frustrating - RENOWN seems to pass along good width, but messy hafts and
not much rebloom.

Have you gotten rebloom in anything from it?

Maybe it's one of those with no cycle rebloom genes, only recessive
'summer' rebloom genes? [theoretically] Not sure if that's good news or
bad :-(. Good for summer breeding, bad for keeping my enthusiasm up.

Only rebloom I've seen on anything from RENOWN was HoM X RENOWN. HoM
apparently has summer - SUNNY DISPOSITION is from IMM X HoM and has
summer bloomed here, once before it died.

Then again, weather hasn't exactly been good for either summer <or>
cycle rebloom the last several years, so most of my RENOWN seedlings
haven't had good rebloom conditions.

This will be the first year to get many second generation seedlings from
RENOWN.

I've finally realized it's just asking too much to get reports back on
performance of things sent to convention. Disappointing, but seems to
be the way it is. Have to either go yourself or get somebody who's
attending to check for you. Having only been to one convention, I
appreciate how overwhelming it is to try to keep track of everything.

We need a cyber committee to check & report back on iris talk seedlings ;-)

> Has not rebloomed
> here, was hoping it would there, but haven't heard anything.
>
> This one does everything right except RE here, so far.

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7