REB: Nobody But Me - RE Z5
  • Subject: REB: Nobody But Me - RE Z5
  • From: <MryL1@msn.com>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 19:28:07 -0500

Linda was asking if I had any rebloomers from Renown.
Yes, in 2011 I registered my first rebloomer, Nobody But Me.
It is Renown X 03-52C: (Double Agent x Memoirs).  Counting
it's fall maiden, first year in the ground, it put up stalks in Oct
4 years in a row.  Sent one to this year's National.  It'll get the
fade test there.
A lot of mortality with Renown seedlings.  The Renown X Wearing
Rubies seedling I posted blooming in the house on 12/19/10 died
during the drought last summer.  Broke my heart.  All I have left of
it is a little pollen in the freezer.
This far north, I'm dealing with other issues and have developed a
tolerance for haft marks.  Am more concerned with health, early RE,
and stalk and bloom quality at this stage.
Nobody But Me has no trouble blooming in spring as well.  Much easier
to get folks to accept rebloomers if they bloom pretty well during
spring convention season.
Here are 2 photos of NBM.  One 2nd day open, full sun, roughing it
at my place.  The other in partial shade, just opening, in Peggy Harger-
Allen's well tended garden at the regional.
I have a NBM X Lest We Forget seedling that fall maidened in 2010 and
tried again last fall.  If anything - more haft marks than NBM.
Mary Lou, near Indianapolis

JPEG image

JPEG image