Re: HYB: Lois Parrish X Luminosity - broken color
  • Subject: Re: HYB: Lois Parrish X Luminosity - broken color
  • From: birdwoman424@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 03:14:18 -0500 (EST)

That's very, very pretty - love it!
margieB, NY
In a message dated 2/25/2012 2:26:04 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, MryL1@msn.com writes:

Doesn't show up well in this photo, but this seedling has shown a few random purple
splashes on most blooms for 3 years now.  Top edge of top standard in middle of photo
is showing a little bit.
Big, robust plant, burly stalks, wide, thick foliage.  Has grown much better here
than the (admittedly few) broken color cultivars I've tried. No RE.
Do I need to cross with BC to have a reasonable shot of BC in the next generation?
The only other BC I've ever used was Broken Dreams.  Crossed with pinks, they
were all just pinks. (very short pinks)
BTW - If any of you remember waaay back - I had a yellow sport of Infernal Fire.
It did turn out to be stable, but I saw no virtue in it, so it went away.
Mary Lou, near Indianapolis