[PHOTO] Re: Dover Beach - label found! | Sat, 27 Feb 1999 19:32:21" />

[PHOTO] Re: Dover Beach - label found!

To Sandy Ives and everyone else who wrote to me in regards to my misnamed "Dover Beach",
I finally found the original packaging.
When it flowered last summer, I assumed that it actually was Dover Beach, and did not know
otherwise until I saw it on the 'net. I did not even check the package again.

Boy was I wrong!

This goes to prove that "what is written is not necessarily what it actually is".

I have also learned that I am going to be buying from growers, rather than from garden centres. Although the iris I received is quite nice, I thought I bought a named variety, so I am ever so slightly disappointed.

Shauna

Original message with photo of my mystery iris below if anyone would like to take a stab at it. Still wondering what it really is....