Re: cretensis (again)

From: "Jim Murrain" <jimmurrain@hotmail.com>

     Dennis, I have grown I. unguicularis in a pot in the cool greenhouse
for years and was struck by the similarity to your I. cretensis. I have
never kept I. cretensis alive long enough to flower it. B. Mathew considers
I. cretensis to be a sub-species of I. unguicularis, I. unguicularis
'Cretensis'. This form is very small with leaves only 1-3mm wide while
typical unguicularis has leaves 1cm wide. Are you lucky enough to have the
true sub-species in bloom? Whichever it is, I am pleased to see it blooming
in the middle of winter,just wish it was hardy enough to flower out-doors