Re: COMP:Janets Iris Database/my own database

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] COMP:Janets Iris Database/my own database
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gerry.snyder@comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 17:41:46 -0800

Pearl Doyle wrote:
> Does anyone else on this list use Access?

Yes, but I am trying to migrate stuff away from that Windows-only
platform (specifically to SQLite, which runs on at least Windows, Linux,
and Mac OS X).

> Is there an easy way to move
> old information to a new database without retyping it?

Sure. Almost all modern DB proggies can save to and read from
tab-delimited text files.

Select a table and go thru the menus (this is how it is in Access 97):
Save As/Export
To external file
Save as type--text files

Hope this helps.