RE: seedling 1101-F

  • Subject: [iris-photos] RE: seedling 1101-F
  • From: laurief <laurief@paulbunyan.net>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 04 07:30:59 -0600

>This is a SDB seedling that only reached a height this year of 11" but has
4-5 buds and a
>nice branch.

Absolutely beautiful, Paul.  I adore the color combination and ruffling.
I love to see hybridizers working on medians that can actually survive
and bloom here in the frigid north.  I hope you will consider this one
for future introduction.  I have no SDBs that look even remotely like it
.. but I sure would love to.  In fact, if you'd like to test it in zone
3b, I'll gladly make room for it.  ;-)

USDA zone 3b, AHS zone 4 - northern MN
acidic clay soil

Yahoo! Groups Links