Re: Re: Iris ignominy

Robert,

Isn't this really a question for the AIS? Is it the AIS you are really
trying to encourage to change to follow this supposed standard in the
Bulletin, online in their web pages, and/or other publications?

If so, it is somewhat simple to change the variety name to the mixed
upper and lower case form and then use bold to make it stand out in
written form (assuming future use only).

But for folks posting names online or for their own purposes, they could
use all caps or whatever is comfy for them, no? I don't use all caps in
my posts, names in my iris database, garden labels, etc and would rather
not be forced to use ALL CAPS either!

cath

--
          Phone: 609-518-3700 x4444          Fax: 609-518-3720

  cathy@gixxergirl.org           http://www.gixxergirl.org/

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511